How to Care for Your Child’s Teeth
Child’s teeth are more sensitive than the teeth of an adult. Proper care to be taken by the parent so that doesn’t catch tooth decay and the dental care of the child has to be started earlier than any of those things happens. Help from the experts must be taken so that advocate measures are taken and the effort is not over done or under done. If proper care is not taken, dental hospitals in Hyderabad are approached which can be avoided. Following are some basic measures that you can take to protect your child’s smile.
- The first and the most important step is to get regular check up of a child’s teeth. The dentist should be seen by the first birthday of the child. A lot of money in the long run is saved if you do so. The dental cost of the child is lower than the cost incurred on dental care of a 5 year or 6 year old.
- Child must be taught good habits so that he himself takes care of his teeth. Apart from getting a regular check up, it is important that his everyday habits are healthy and no negligence is done. You must teach your baby to brush twice a day. Child’s toothpaste and toothbrush must be chosen carefully. Brush your child’s teeth before bedtime and after that no food must be given to him. A mouthwash must be used when the child learns to spit it out.
- Check your baby’s food intake regularly. If the Infant in takes too much of sugary liquids, it can lead to tooth decay because of the bacteria. Before going to bed, if a child drinks something and make sure it is water and nothing else.
- Juices perceptive to be a healthy plan for children but as these contain sugar and preservatives; these are not as healthy as you think. Juices must be Limited in the overall intake of a child and must be used as a treat with 4 ounces per day.
- The Sippy cup is used by parents to transfer from a bottle to a glass. But sometimes it can be used too much by the parents which is not good for the child’s teeth.
- The sugar contained in the children’s medicine can do lots of damage to its teeth. This medicine are sometimes flavoured which is tough to differentiate. It is better to avoid such medicines.
- Motivate your child to take care of his teeth, for example, reward him for brushing at night which is rare these days.
- Children take help of grownups to brush their teeth from the age of about 2-3 years. You have to motivate them to brush alone rather than taking help from you from the day they start brushing with your help. They must be perfect in their brushing till 10.
For any help, dental clinics in Hyderabad are present for preventive as well as cure measures.